Welcome to Hampshire Probation Trust's Website
Hampshire Probation Trust supervises offenders in the community – those subject to a court order and those released from prison on licence.
Probation’s role is to:
- The protection of the public
- A reduction in reoffending
- The proper punishment of offenders
- Ensuring offender awareness of the effects of crime on the victims and the public
- The rehabilitation of offenders
Hampshire Probation Trust is divided into three areas:
- Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight
With HM Prison Service and other organisations working with convicted offenders, Hampshire Probation Trust is contracted by the National Offenders Management Services (NOMS) – a department of the Ministry of Justice.